Thursday, September 24, 2015

Recipe Review: Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes

Happy Fall!! That's right, yesterday was the first official day of Fall. This is my favorite time of year. I love everything about fall, like chilly weather, crisp fall air, hot cocoa, the colors, sweaters, foggy mornings, apples, and more.

In honor of the first day of Autumn, I wanted to bake something delicious. While browsing through My Recipe Collection, I rediscovered my recipe for Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes. To be honest, I am not a huge fan of pumpkin flavored things and so I have only made these cupcakes once. However, I decided that I was going to make them anyway. To my surprise, I really enjoyed these cupcakes!! The pumpkin flavor was not too overwhelming and pairs well with the spice cake mix.

I hope you all will try this recipe, because it is so easy and delicious!! Even my girls enjoyed these cupcakes.

The ingredients

Combine cake mix, pumpkin, and water together in a mixing bowl.

Stir until combined.

Scoop batter into 24 cupcake liners. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.

Remove cupcakes from oven and place on a cooling rack.

These are called cupcakes, but they almost have the texture of a muffin. Either way they are delicious.


. . . . . . . . . .
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
Source: Living a Changed Life 
______________________________
Servings: 24
Serving Size: 1 cupcake
Calories: 84.2
Fat: 0.8 g
Fiber: 0.3 g
Protein: 0.6 g
Old Points: 2 pts
Points+: 2 pts+
______________________________
Ingredients
1 box spice cake mix
1 15 oz can of pure pumpkin (not pie filling)
1/2 cup water

Instructions
Mix everything together and put in muffin tins.

Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes

Additional Ideas:
Use a butter pecan cake mix instead of spice cake.
1 Box yellow cake mix, 1 can pumpkin, Spices (nutmeg, cinnamon, ground cloves), Baked it in a 9 x 13 pan.

2 comments:

My Recent Favorite Books said...

These look and sound delicious!
Thanks for sharing this recipe!

My Recent Favorite Books said...

These look and sound delicious!
Thanks for sharing this recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...