Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Simply Filling Technique

Over the past few months I have been eating more "whole foods". Whole foods are foods that have been processed or refined as little as possible and are free from additives or other artificial substances. I feel very strongly about the importance of making wise food choices.

source

For the past 5 years, I have followed the Weight Watchers program. I have consistently followed the PointsPlus technique and it has worked. I lost 90 pounds in 2009 using the PointsPlus program. 

Recently, I have been conflicted, because I wasn't sure that I could continue to be on the Weight Watchers program with my new convictions about the importance of eating whole foods. Instead of quitting Weight Watchers all together, I have decided to start a new journey using the Simply Filling technique.

On the Simply Filling program you eat foods from the Power Foods list until you are satisfied, not worrying about counting PointsPlus. If you want something that isn’t a Power Food, then you use your Weekly PointsPlus allowance or any Activity PointsPlus you earn. If you want more information, here is what Weight Watchers has to say about it.

My plan is to try Simply Filling for two weeks and see how it goes. I am both nervous and excited at the same time! This morning I was so careful about the food choices that I made, because I wanted to be sure that they were within the Simply Filling guidelines.

I have tried Simply Filling before, but I have always gone back to PointsPlus, because it is what is familiar to me. I don't want that to happen this time around.

I can't wait to give you more feedback in the coming days and weeks about this technique!!

2 comments:

Jess said...

I totally understand your desire to eat whole foods, but the one reason I "shun" SF is because of the included fat-free dairy. To me, those are some of the furthest things from whole food!!! I eat a lot of power foods, but I prefer PointsPlus b/c I feel that it's more flexible. Interested to read about your experience after trying SF... Good luck!

Nell said...

Oh I hope you are hanging in there...you have worked to hard to let it all go down the tube. I have yet to make the commitment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...