Tuesday, November 5, 2013

My New Favorite...Greek Yogurt

I went to my doctor's appointment yesterday. I am excited to share that both myself and Sophie are healthy and doing well! Today, I am 32 weeks pregnant and time just keeps slipping away from us as this time of year tends to do.

One of the greatest discoveries that I have made throughout my pregnancy has been my new found love for...

Greek Yogurt

I'm sure it will shock many of you to hear me admit that up until two months ago I did not like Greek yogurt at all. My go to yogurt has always been Yoplait Light Yogurt, because it is delicious and just 2 pointsplus+.


source

Everything changed for me this past September when I went to visit my Mom, who is on her own weight loss journey, and found out that she enjoys Greek yogurt almost everyday! After I arrived home from my trip, I was determined to give Greek yogurt another chance. I bought three different brands and three different flavors of Greek yogurt to try. I also got some Special K granola to add to my yogurt, because I thought that might help me like it a little bit better than if it was just plain.

To my surprise and delight, I feel head of heels for Greek yogurt. It is a wonderful source of protein that really helps me to stay full for hours. I've tried all different flavors in the last few months, but I have to say that right now the Chobani Apple Cinnamon is my favorite.


source

Do you like Greek yogurt? What are your favorite brands and flavors?

If you have never tried Greek yogurt, I would encourage you to give it a chance. It is always nice to have a wide variety of healthy food choices that we enjoy, so we do not get bored with the foods that we are eating.

7 comments:

Dan & Stacie said...

How many points are those?

Nancy said...

I love Greek yogurt. I agree that Chobani is yummy, but has too much sugar to my liking. Then, I discovered Kroger lite Greek yogurt - 90 calories for 6 oz. with 6 gr sugar and 16 gr protein.

Jen Newsham said...

Dan & Stacie - It depends on the flavor, but the Chobani are about 3 or 4 pointsplus.

Kelley with Amy's Angels said...

I was like you! I HATED it at first. I found it to be too 'tangy' and really didn't care for it at all. And like you, I enjoyed Yoplait!

But, I gave it another try about 3 years ago and its the only yogurt I buy. I found that you REALLY have to stir it up and that solved my problem.

While the points are higher (3 points for Strawberry, 4 points for most others) and it costs a bit more than traditional yogurt, it is my preferred choice!

My Recent Favorite Books said...

I like Yoplait Yogurt, but havent tried the Greek Yogurt yet, it sounds good though!

The Skinny on Staci said...

Used to my fave was Chobani, but then I discovered Oikos and really like it better. It seems less bitter to me. Also, I love to buy the 0% plain flavor now and add SF Polaner All Fruit with Fiber and some chia seeds and stir. Yum!

Alex K. Ash said...

I'd check out how much sugar is in the flavored chobani greek yogurts. It's better to do plain greek yogurt then add in your own fresh fruit and honey.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...