Thursday, February 28, 2013

My Day Off for Slavery


Yesterday, I disappeared from social media in honor of the 27 million men, women and children who've disappeared traped in slavery. In brothels. In factories. In quarries. Working as slaves. In 161 countries. Including our own.

Honestly, this is the first break I have had from social media in years!! I didn't get on my Facebook, Twitter, my blogs, and more. It was so hard to avoid it, because I am always receiving alerts on my phone whenever something new happens on my Facebook page.
However, everytime I wanted to get on my Facebook or post a picture to Instagram, I was reminded of the 27 million people who do not have a voice of their own. It was a much needed break that was worth it!

Today, I am again here to shine a light on slavery! If you would like to join the End It Movement and Shine a Light a Slavery, please check out their website here.

This is one of my favorite songs. I hope that you will watch this video of "Twenty Seven Million" by Matt Redman & LZ7.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a good reason to abstain from social media for the day. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...