Saturday, October 6, 2012

Thoughts on a Saturday Morning

As I am sure many of you already know, I rarely blog on Saturday. Normally, I am too busy trying to clean my house and prepare for the next week. However, Olivia is currently napping and I've got a lot on my mind. All of that combined is producing this Saturday blog post.
 


. . . . . . . . . .
8 Week to Thanksgiving Challenge Update


This first week of our challenge we focused on making an effort to track everyday. Your tracker did not need to be perfect or fully complete. However, it was important to make an effort to track any way that you could.

How did this first week go? What did you learn this week that you can apply in the days to come?

This week as I made an effort to track everything that I ate, I was reminded that the basics are vital to my weight loss success. I have always loved tracking the food I eat, because it makes such a huge difference in my results on the scale. Tracking also helps me to study and understand which foods keep me satisfied for the longest amount of time. It helps me to make better food choices.

Next week we are going to focus on Friends Without Food. These small weekly tasks will continue to help us stay on track and reach achievable goals by Thanksgiving!
 
. . . . . . . . . .
The Many Faces of Olivia
 
 
Just for fun, I wanted to share a picture with you of Olivia. She is already 5 weeks old!! Here are so of the many faces that she makes on a daily basis.

. . . . . . . . . .
Must Read Devotional

People often ask me how I was able to keep my motivation and lose weight the first time around. I try to be as honest as possible and explain to them that I relied on the Lord to be my strength throughout my weight loss journey. God was so faithful to be with me without my entire journey! He gave me the strength and determination I need to reach my ultimate weight loss goal.

In the last two weeks, I have become really frustrated with being overweight. I know that I have a good reason for it (my beautiful baby girl), but I am still overweight. I have been trying all week to refocus and get back on plan. I was not as successful as I thought I would be, which just caused me to be even more frustrated!

Yesterday, I read a devotional from Proverbs 31 Ministries called, Renewing My Vow. This devotional opened my eyes to the reason why I have not been able to be successful so far! For the last two weeks, I have been focusing on being skinny again. In addition, I have been doing this in my own strength. Not once did I sit down to ask God to be apart of this journey with me.

This morning, I am taking time to talk to the Lord! I needed His strength the first time I lost weight and I will need it again as I get my baby weight off. I don't know why it took me so long to give this area of my life over to the Lord!

8 comments:

Heather said...

You are such an inspiration! I started my own weight-loss blog after reading yours and I track what I eat every day with pictures!
http://gettinghealthywithheathertheherbivore.blogspot.com

Jen H. said...

Jen...thank you for your encouragement to so many. I understand your weight frustrations post baby. It took me several months before I felt that my appetite finally started slowing down. Just remember that it will come off and while you are loving on that sweet little girl, you are also getting used to a completely different routine. Life's focus has shifted. It will take some time to create a new norm but it will happen. Don't be hard on yourself but know that each day God has already given you all the patience, strength, comfort and love that you need to carry on. Jen H.

My Recent Favorite Books said...


I've been tracking what I eat, and would love to lose about 20 more pounds.

The photos of your Daughter are so precious!

Have a great weekend!

-J said...

Thanks for sharing the link to the devotional!

I learned a lot by tracking again ... mainly just how much unnecessary food I was eating. Oh, my! It was very helpful to stop my evening munchies or even to persuade me to eat a banana instead of a granola bar at the end of the day when I was feeling hungry but could see in black and white that I had used my points.

This next week will be tough. We will make a quick trip out of town for a funeral (eating on the road, etc.), plus attend a fundraising banquet and a Tastefully Simple home party and possibly lunch with a friend.

I am very thankful for my friendship without food with my prayer partner. From the beginning no matter how many hours we spend together, we only drink ... tea or water. It would be so easy to mindlessly munch, but because she does not have a culture of snacking, I benefit. Before I met her, I thought that getting together to exercise was the only way to have friendship without food. Looking forward to hearing some great ideas from you and others who comment.

Dicky Bird said...

I tracked this week - even when I had a 50 point day...we have fried cheese curds here in Wisconsin - if you've never tried them - don't. I still lost 1.6 thank the Lord.

The Skinny on Staci said...

Those 4 faces are adorable. Good for your for refocusing and inviting in Who is really important to your success. Best wishes.

Libby said...

Your daughter is adorable! Nothing sweeter! I am making Lifetime this afternoon. I have looked back on my loss story and I know without a doubt that God has been with me through every step! Giving it up to him has made the difference (even though I feel like I had cried out to him for years to save me from myself) I know that if I hadnt gone through years of being unhealthy, my relationship with God would not be as strong! I am thankful for that! Kepp up the good work and I will be praying for you too!

rhonda said...

I have become very crabby after losing my motivation. I am only 42 and had a stroke 3 months ago due to an irregular heartbeat. I am not able to push cardio or over do my excercising. I am about 25 lbs overweight and understand that I am still here because God has a plan for me. I came across your blog this morning and first of all your baby girl is beautiful. Such a precious blessing! Secondly, you helped light that fire in me which the stroke tried to snuff out. I am blessed to be walking and talking once again.....now to get back on track with my WW points plus. I cant afford to go to meetings and such so inspiration and guidence with menus, ideas and just uplifting words are so very important to me. Thank you so much and I look forward to following your blog. I too need to have a conversation with God to help me with my journey. Best of luck to you! Rhonda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...