Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Thanksgiving Challenge: Week 5 - Take Time

source

We are already on week 5 of our 8 Weeks to Thanksgiving Challenge!! I cannot believe that we are more than halfway done with our challenge!! We have already tracked and discovered, enjoyed friends without food, snacked and tracked, and got active.

This week is called, "Take Time", because Weight Watchers wants us to set aside 5 minutes of "Me Time" a day to reflect on how well we are following the Weight Watchers program.

When I first read about this topic, I laughed! I am a Mom of an 8 week old little girl and some days I don't even have time to take a shower! However, Weight Watchers wants me to find time to take for myself!? Impossible! I realize that this isn't the best attitude to have, but I want to be honest with you all and let you know that this did not come easy for me. I wasn't sure how I would be able to do this every day.

It seems like I don't have time for much of anything these days and I am nervous that I will not be able to successfully complete this part of the challenge. However, I do think that this is important to my weight loss success, so I am going to try. I hope that you will do this with me!

First, sit down and figure out the best time for your 5 minute "me time". Your time is not going to be the same as mine and that's okay. Make sure that you put your "me time" on the calendar or in your phone, so that you do not forget about it.

Next, make the most of your time. Like I said earlier, I do not have 5 minutes to waste each day. Below are just 3 questions to ask yourself during your 5 minute check-in. Really make an effort to reflect on your day and make changes so that you can be more successful tomorrow!

- What did I do well, that I should keep doing?
- What will I try to do differently in the future?
- What are my top 3 goals? Has anything changed?

This is a very important week, because we've got roughly 225 food-related decisions to make each day! Taking just 5 minutes each day to check-in with our Plan can inspire more thoughtful decisions - and better numbers at the scale.

Share in the comments section when you plan to have your "me time" each day this week.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...