Monday, June 18, 2012

Happy (late) Father’s Day

This morning, what I’m going to blog about does not have anything to do with Weight Watchers, weight loss, healthy eating, or recipes. Today I want to honor the fathers in my life, in a way that I did not get to do yesterday on Father’s Day.

{My Father-In-Law}
Jon and his Dad
I am so thankful to be blessed with an incredible father-in-law. When Jon and I were first married, Jon's Dad made it a point to tell me that he had been praying for me my entire life. He had always prayed for Jon's future spouse and it turns out that the woman he was praying for all these years was me! I know that God heard His prayers throughout the years, even before I knew Jesus as my Savior!! I love you Dave!! 


{My Daddy}
Me and my Daddy
I am so thankful for the Daddy that God gave me. He has always worked as hard as he could to provide for our family. It meant long hours on the road, but he was willing to do it for his family. Dad was a great example to me of what it means to be a hard worker. Dad also wanted life to be fun and enjoyable. He would try to make me laugh whenever he thought I was getting too serious. As a teenager, I hated it, but looking back I am thankful that he tried to lighten the mood and get me back to reality. I love you Daddy!!


{My Husband}
Jon and I with our first picture of Olivia Jane
This year, Jon is a Father-to-be!! In just about 10 weeks, Olivia will arrive and give him the official title of Daddy!! I am so thankful that Jon is going to be Olivia's Daddy. Jon is such a Godly man that loves the Lord and honestly, I would not want anyone else to be the father of my children. Jon's involved and interested in what happens with Olivia and I each day. I'm so glad that he wants to know how we are doing and is willing to jump in and help whenever he can. Olivia and I are so blessed to have Jon in our lives. I love you honey!!


Have you taken time to tell the Fathers in your life how much they mean to you? If not, make sure you do that today!

3 comments:

My Recent Favorite Books said...

Great photos! =)

I hope you had a great weekend!

Gravy said...

No weight loss stories, but I certainly can relate to the excitement of having a baby. Just read this post and had to say thanks. For putting things into perspective and making me smile. Thanks.

Sally said...

Hey Jennifer. I popped over from Pinterest where your berry cobbler was pinned. My family has been on a Weight Watcher's journey which began in 2010. We have been successful due to the many wonderful recipies collected along the way. You've got many I haven't seen and will be trying. Congratulations on your weight loss journey, inspiring blog, and new baby.

I blog at www.livelearnwithsally.blogspot.com stop over when you can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...