Friday, June 8, 2012

Friday Night Grocery Shopping

My grocery list for this coming week.

Happy Friday!!

Tonight, I'm going to the grocery store. When do you do your grocery shopping? Normally, I go to the grocery store on Friday night or Saturday. My baby belly is getting bigger and bigger, so I cannot carry the groceries upstairs by myself. I have to become more strategic about my grocery shopping and go when Jon can come with me. This way I do not have to make one hundred small trips up and down the stairs by myself!

Throughout the month of June I am going to go to the grocery store on a weekly basis to see how I like that. Because I am pregnant, I've been eating a lot of fruit and milk! This is good, but it means that I need to go to the store more often than I normally do. I told you about my grocery experiement last year, which has been working pretty well for us up until this month. What works best for you? Weekly trips?

No matter how often I go to the store, I always have to make sure I have a list. This helps me to stay on track and only get what I need. It also helps me to avoid tempting foods that are high in PointsPlus values. When I know what I need, I do not have to spend a lot of time wandering up and down the alises walking past snacks and treat that I know I do not need.

This week I plan on making some great recipes!! I have listed the recipes below if you are interested.

June Meal List - Week 2
Taco Junk
Santa Fe Breakfast Ring
Apricot Glazed Pork Medallions

If you have to go grocery shopping this weekend, make sure that you go prepared! Click the link to read more about some Supermarket Tips that might help you this weekend while you shop.

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!!

2 comments:

Cindy Matejka said...

I put a "C" after each product that I have coupon for, it helps me to stay organized.

Andrea B. said...

With 4 kids in the house, and no real pantry/storage space, we go to the grocery store at least once a week, and sometimes more (we go through 5-6 gallons of milk a week).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...