Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Recipe Review: Crock Pot Hawaiian BBQ Chicken

I found this recipe on Pinterest awhile back and  have not been able to try it until just recently. This was such an easy dinner to make for my husband and me. The Archer Farms Hawaiian-Style Barbecue Sauce gives the chicken an incredible flavor! Jon asked me what spices I put in the dish, because it was so good! I had to confess that I had not added anything other than the sauce and pineapple. You see the sauce is so good that it doesn't need anything else with it! We enjoyed this dish and I hope you will too!

The Ingredients

I got this bottle of Archer Farms Hawaiian Style Barbecue Sauce from Target.

Place frozen chicken breasts in the crock pot and cover with sauce.

Empty can of drained pineapple chunks on top.

Cook on High for 2-3 hours or Low for 4-6 hours.

The final product! We cut our chicken into cubes, but you can shred your with two forks if you prefer.


. . . . . . . . . .
Crock Pot Hawaiian BBQ Chicken
Source: Six Sisters' Stuff

Ingredients
4-6 Boneless Chicken Breasts (mine were still frozen!)
1 Bottle Archer Farms Hawaiian Style Barbecue Sauce
1 20 oz. can Pineapple Chunks, drained

Instructions
Spray the inside of your crock pot with cooking spray for an easy cleanup! Place frozen chicken breasts in the crock pot and cover with sauce. Empty can of drained pineapple chunks on top. Cook on High for 2-3 hours or Low for 4-6 hours. Shred chicken with two forks while still in the crock pot so the chicken will be well coated with sauce. Serve over rice.

*Sometimes I also throw in a chopped up green pepper and chopped onion . . . it tastes good with or without it.

Serves 8; 6 PointsPlus per serving

11 comments:

mrsmarkdave said...

That looks delicious. I will be making this on Thursday for sure.

Justine Duppong @ Life With Cheeseburgers said...

This recipe looks like a keeper! My hubby and I do something similar to this.

valerie said...

this looks yummy! i'm planning on making it this weekend!

My Recent Favorite Books said...

This looks so good and easy!

I will definitly be making this very soon! =)

Lisa said...

Thanks for the super easy recipe. I'm going to try it for sure. Looks yummy!

Unknown said...

I made this tonight. This BBQ sauce is very hot n spicy which I didn't expect. It says sweet n sour, nothing about being spicy hot! Was too hot for us but will make this again using a teriyaki sauce or different BBQ sauce.

Anonymous said...

Made this tonight, was super spicy hot! Wasn't expecting that, bottle says sweet n sour. So too hot for us but will make it again using a teriyaki sauce or different BBQ sauce. Liked being able to put in frozen chicken, sauce, very easy.

mrsmarkdave said...

So, it's been a couple of weeks. We don't have a super Target in our town so they didn't have the bbq sauce. BUT! They are expanding and I found it there on Wednesday. So, we're having this tonight.
I see a couple of comments that it's super spicy. Uh - Oh. That's not my thing, but my husband loves it. I'll just keep my glass of water near.
Maybe eating it on a tortilla will help.

chantal1922 said...

I made this tonight and it took about 4 hours on high to cook. The sauce does have a little kick to it but it was tasty.

Ruthie said...

Made this today...slow cooking all day long...the house smelled wonderful! I used the Archer Farms BBQ sauce as in the recipe and also added green peppers and onions. OMG, it was so freaking HOT and SPICY it burned my mouth and I couldn't eat it. I have a crockpot full of this stuff and can't eat it now because it's WAY too hot and spicy. I even went back later and dipped the tip of my finger into the pot to taste it again and holy crap....extreme burning spicy hot. The bottle didn't say anything about spicy hot or else I wouldn't have bought it. I will try this again with a SWEET BBQ sauce. YIKES, my mouth is still burning!

Unknown said...

I found this on Pinterest and it was seriously amazing! One of the first things that my roommates and I have made and we all liked! We are certainly keeping this recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...