Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Relieving the Pressure

source

I have two blogs. The first blog I created several years ago is our personal/family blog, Newsham Flight Log, and now I also have my weight loss blog, Living a Changed Life. In the last year as I have begun to blog about my weight loss my passion for blogging has multiplied!! I love blogging!! I enjoy being able to write honest blog posts about my struggles with my weight, life, and more. I consider myself so blessed to have such incredible readers, like yourself. Thank you for your comments, emails, and encouragement that you provide me on a weekly basis. You make me want to blog even more!!

I want to be honest with you about something. I have incredibly high expectations for myself. As my passion for blogging has grown, so have my expectations. I expect myself to write a blog post for Living a Changed Life, Monday through Friday. I do my best to meet my expectations. However, having two blogs makes this very hard. There are days that I just put the same post on both blogs. Is that cheating? Probably. My life is busy and I do not want blogging to become something in my routine that I have to do.

Why am I telling you this? For several reasons, first, I expect myself to blog Monday through Friday and I tell myself that you do too. Second, I don’t want to disappoint you if you visit my blog and I have not posted anything new. Finally, I do not want you worrying about me, if you do not hear from me that day.

As of today, I am setting myself free from my own expectations to blog every day. When I blog I want to have the time to really share with you what is going on in my life. I would rather give you a few blogs posts a week that are good quality, instead of just posting something to fill up space that day. Don’t worry, if I have something to share everyday of the week I will share it. However, if you don’t hear from me on a particular day that week, it just means that life is busy and you should pray for me.

I hope my honesty does not offend anyone. I just do not want you thinking that I have become a slacker in my blogging efforts.

I want to invite you to visit my personal blog, because there might be days where that is my only blog post for the day.

Thanks for listening and letting me be honest with you about what is on my heart!!

3 comments:

mrsmarkdave said...

There is nothing wrong with not posting every day. In my life, I often go weeks without posting. Your blog is yours. And it's for your enjoyment. If you are feeling burdened to post daily, I think that takes away from the enjoyment of it all.
So you have my support here :-)

Anonymous said...

Normally I'm just a reader but thought I would leave a comment today. I just wanted to let you know that I enjoy reading your blog as it has been a real inspiration and you have my full support. There's nothing wrong if you don't post something everyday on your blog. Thanks for being honest with us - we understand :0) Please keep us up to date on how your meetings are going!
Take Care and God Bless!

Jen Newsham said...

Thanks for your support! I am glad that I can be honest with you!! I will continue to post about my meetings for sure!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...