Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fall Back on Your Tools and Resources!



Here is a summary of my Weight Watchers meeting October 12, 2010.

This week in the meeting room we talked about how around this time of the year is when a lot of members decide to quit. They feel like the holiday months pose too much of a challenge and that they will just start over next year. DO NOT ALLOW THIS THOUGHT TO ENTER YOUR BRAIN! Imagine the damage you can do in 3 months “off” the program. Yikes, I would hate to see you not only having to lose what you are currently shooting for, but the 15 pounds (at least) that can accumulate between now and January.

Instead we talked about being able to FALL BACK ON YOUR TOOLS AND RESOURCES. Below you will find a list of some of the tools that you have available to you to help you be successful through this holiday season.

• Program materials for an understanding of the Weight Watchers program: weeks 1-10 read back over them and review what you might be forgetting

• POINTS value reference guides: Complete Food Companion®, Dining Out Companion®, Pocket Guide, Weight Watchers e-Tools, and smart phone applications—for alphabetical listings of foods and their POINTS values

• Tracking aids: 3 Month Journal, Weight Watchers Calculators, POINTS Clickers, Weight Watchers e-Tools, smart phone applications—all track POINTS precisely
• Measuring tools: Electronic Food Scale and Easy Measure Serving Set, measuring cups

• Fitness aids: POINTS pedometer, fitness kits, and walking DVDs, weight watchers e-tools, ww magazine fitness section, internet search engines

• Recipes: Cookbooks, WeightWatchers.com, Weight Watchers Weekly, and Weight Watchers Magazine, recipes shared in meeting room, search online
• Weight Watcher Foods: Bars, Mini Bars, Baked Snacks, Sugar-Free Candies, Smoothies, and Oatmeal

• Licensed products (in grocery stores): Smart Ones entrĂ©es, desserts, candies, and baked goods (cookies, muffins)

• Guides to behavior change: Weight Watchers Tools for Living and Book 4, Helpful Habits of Successful Members

• Inspiration and motivation: Weight Watchers Magazine, Weight Watchers Weekly, success stories, and the message boards on WeightWatchers.com, plus all the people you see slimming down in the meeting room

I want you to go through and make a list of all the positive changes that you have experienced since joining weight watchers and decide if you are willing to have all those taken away.

If you don’t want them to go away then you need to stay on program and stay in the meeting rooms!

Remember NOTHING WORKS UNLESS YOU DO!

6 comments:

Karen said...

thanks, Jen, for these reminders. I am JOINING this week at my workplace. I am a lifetime member and I so I know it works IF I WORK TOO!! blessings on your day, k

Jen Newsham said...

Karen - You're welcome. I am so excited for you to join this week! Let me know how it goes!!

s|davis said...

Visiting your site from blog frog. You follow me, and now I'm following you through blog frog and your blog itself.. You are such an inspiration. I too am on my journey of weight loss with weight watchers and have 8.6 more pounds til goal! Thanks for sharing your journey through blogging. It's Great! & Congrats on your lifetime membership! ;)

Jen Newsham said...

*S - Thank you. I'm so glad to have your visiting from blog frog! Congrats on your weight loss. I can't wait until you get to goal!!

*S said...

Thanks Jen! It's going to feel so good! I'm so excited to be a guest on your blog. You rock! Guest post will be coming to you shortly!

Jen Newsham said...

*S - You're welcome! I can't wait to read it!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...