Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Healthy Weight

I have been on Weight Watchers since October 2008. I am finally in a healthy weight range!! Praise the Lord!! As of August 3, 2009 I had lost 70 pounds and I now weigh 155!! I am in a healthy weight range according to Weight Watchers for my height (125-155). It is really very exciting. This is the main goal that I have been working towards since mid-October. Now, according to the doctor and Weight Watchers I can keep losing weight until I am comfortable in my own skin. The lowest I can go is 125 pounds, but I don?t want to go that low. Right now I have set my goal at 145, but I might work towards 135. I will just have to see what I feel like when I get to 145.

This has been such a long road that it is really amazing to reach such an important milestone like this one. I never thought that I would actually lose all my weight. I hoped that I would, I longed for it, but I was never confident in my ability to change my life. Please don?t be impressed with me, I have not done this on my own and it is only by God?s grace that I am able to say that I am healthy. He is the one who has changed my life and continues to do so on a daily basis.

Here are some things that have changed about me in the last 70 pounds:

1. I went from a size 18 to a size 8! As a result I have had to get rid of my wardrobe, because everything I own is too big for me. This is not a bad problem to have, but it means that I wear the same things over and over again. I can?t wait to be at goal and be able to build up a new wardrobe!

2. Over this process that is something else I have really come to love and that is running. Can you believe it? I was told that after my 5K I would become addicted to running races?well they were right! I am not signed up for another race yet, I think that there is a half-marathon in my future. I will bring you more details on the half-marathon when I have more information about it. For now I run on a regular basis so that I can lose the last 8 to 18 pounds that I have left before I reach my goal weight.

3. I am much more honest and open about my weight. I am sure that now-a-days I am too honest about my weight. I have become much more aware of my body and where I am at. When I have a bad week and don't exercise, I can feel it.

4. People are jealous of me. This is very weird for me to have people call me skinny, tiny, and some even say I have model legs.

I look forward to the day when I can post that I have reached my goal. That day is not today, but I can't wait for it to come. My perspective has changed, because now I know that I will reach my goal!

Change is good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...